Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
Are you passionate about delivering fantastic Digital Experiences?
As a Visual Designer, you’ll be reporting in to the Digital Design & Production Manager & a key part of the team responsible for delivering the Digital design for one of the fastest growing Telcos expect.
You’ll ensure the business is creating on brand, user centric, consistent visual design across multiple devices and products. You’ll understand that design is a team sport and will actively engage with internal stakeholders, UX designers and developers to ensure good visual design is considered from concept to launch. You’ll be adept in all the latest design tools and not afraid to present a sketch, a paper prototype or a high-level concept.
The role suits an outgoing experienced design specialist who is looking to play their part in a new rapidly growing, forward thinking digital team.
As a Visual Designer you will...
- Create components and a consistent visual language used across our digital experiences.
- Establish and promote visual design guidelines throughout the business.
- Create compelling designs based on a deep understanding of user needs
- Produce high level designs and design documentation to hand over to our development teams.
- Present designs to stake holders, sell concepts and solidify design decisions
- Be a natural problem solver, able to solve problems creatively and effectively.
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills and experience…
- Thorough experience of designing across platforms
- Ability to lead workshops and meetings with senior stakeholders and be a Visual Design advocate in all situations
- Have extensive knowledge and skills in communicating concepts – sketches, high fidelity designs, wireframing, prototyping.
- Competent in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and Invision
- Ability to work alongside UX, Content, Visual Designers, Analytics teams and stakeholders to ensure best in class visual designs
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience in working in agile environments.
- Experience in creation of design systems/living style guides.
- Understanding of UX and its importance to form design decisions.
- Outgoing and keen to get involved in the local design community.
- Self-driven, autonomous and proactive.
- Able to take design criticism.
- Organised and good stakeholder management skills.
- Able to present concepts effectively and show your working.