Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
We’re in the process of delivering multiple projects that require extensive UX design and user research input. You will be responsible for ensuring all of these digital experiences are created with the user in mind.
Reporting to the Digital Design & Production Manager, you will manage and lead a team of UX Researchers and UX designers to deliver the experiences our customers expect. You’ll work closely with visual designers, our brand team, content creators and product owners while gathering insights from existing research and analytics. You will plan, conduct, and facilitate interviews and workshops with our customers and wider stakeholders, testing concepts and hypothesis that you and the team have created.
You will be expected to shape and deliver our user research and design processes while maintaining day to day responsibility for the delivery of best in class digital experiences. You will play a key part in defining our ongoing support model and influencing the business to grow and invest in the area. The role will be suitable for someone with managerial experience or strong UX professionals looking for the next step in their career.
As a UX Lead you will....
- Create and champion processes for UX Design and research with stakeholders.
- Plan, facilitate and run user research sessions to ensure we’re building the right things in the right way.
- Work closely with Data Analysts to provide a clear, holistic view of our customers and their behaviour.
- Educate key stakeholders of what UX is, why it’s beneficial and why they should be interested.
- Define ways of working to ensure all changes that impact our Digital estate have UX at the heart of them.
- Create wireframes and user flows to understand our customers’ mental models.
- Manage and lead a team of UX designers and researchers.
- Lead other UX professionals with sound research and design best practice.
- Understand the difference between evaluative and generative research techniques and when to use them.
- Define tasks, write scripts and moderate usability testing. Carry out remote testing where appropriate.
- Create and maintain a library of insights and learnings as a reference point for future work.
- Debrief the team with objectives and actionable points.
- Recommend and prioritise areas of focus.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need the following skills and experience…
- Thorough experience of designing across platforms.
- Ability to lead workshops and meetings with senior stakeholders and be a UX advocate in all situations.
- A demonstrated understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- A natural leader with the ability to manage other UX professionals to deliver quality output.
- A proven facilitator with the ability to get actionable insights from workshops and interviews.
- Experience in a range of methodologies from guerrilla to more formalised approaches.
- Excellent observation skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills; an ability to analyse results and provide a quick turnaround giving relevant feedback to the UX team within an agile framework.
- Autonomous; someone with an ability to work well independently as well as within groups.
- Pragmatic when choosing appropriate research and design methods.
- Highly motivated with a professional drive, with examples of passion for research, design and customer experience delivery and definition.
- Have extensive knowledge and skills in communicating concepts – sketches, storyboarding, creating scenarios / user flows, wireframing and prototyping.
- Understanding of Lean UX and Design thinking methodologies.
- Understanding of Web Accessibility and inclusive design practices.
- Previous experience leading UX Design and Research in a Telco environment.
- Self-driven, autonomous and proactive.
- Organised and good stakeholder management skills.