Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
As a UX Designer, you’ll be reporting in to the Digital Design & Production Manager & a key part of the team responsible for delivering the Digital Experiences customers of one of the fastest growing Telcos expect.
You’ll be the voice of the customer in the organisation ensuring creation of digital journeys that addresses user needs and solves business problems. You’ll understand that design is a team sport, and will actively engage with internal stakeholders to form hypotheses to test with our customers. You’ll be adept in all the latest UX tools and not afraid to present a sketch, a paper prototype or a user journey.
The role suits an outgoing experienced UX practitioner who is looking to play their part in a new rapidly growing, forward thinking digital team.
As a UX Designer you will...
- Creation of user centred experiences across multiple channels.
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to create educated hypothesis.
- Creation of wireframes, personas, user journeys and prototypes.
- Working with internal stakeholders and other designers.
- Run research and interaction with our customers in the form of interviews, surveys and community presence.
- Creation of high level designs and design documentation to hand over to our development team.
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills and experience…
- Have exceptional knowledge of User Research, User Centred Design and Usability testing.
- Show keen interest in latest UX trends and tools.
- Able to present prototypes and designs to stakeholders, sell concepts and solidify design decisions.
- Have a thorough experience of designing across multiple platforms including desktop and mobile.
- Have extensive knowledge and skills in communicating concepts – sketches, storyboards, customer journey maps, wireframing and prototyping.
- Competent in Axure, Sketch, InVision and other prototyping tools.
- Able to interpret qualitative and quantitative data to create educated hypothesis.
- Able to communicate the importance of UX and its place in the business.
- Experience in working in agile environments.
- Keen understanding of web accessibility and mobile first design.
- Experience in creation of design systems/living style guides.
- Ability to plan and facilitate user research sessions
- Self-driven, autonomous and proactive.
- Able to take design criticism.
- Ability to communicate concepts at a senior level.
- Outgoing and keen to get involved in the local UX community.