Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
The Technical delivery team sits within Engineering and Operations, this role of Senior Technical Delivery manager will report into the Lead Technical Delivery Manager and act as an entrance to the teams within Engineering and Operation. The team is responsible for the planning and delivery of critical internal and external projects across the business.
The key purpose of the role is to provide technical programme and project management across engineering and operations and lead matrix teams to drive the delivery of a portfolio of both strategic and tactical projects and programmes through to successful completion, within time, cost and quality tolerances.
Working in a fast paced environment, you need to be comfortable working with different stakeholders, driving pro-actively to clarify uncertainty and taking the lead to make change happen.
As a Senior Technical Project Manager you will...
- Demonstrate role model skills and behaviours to support the performance of the team and promote a culture of high performance working practices.
- To proactively drive the delivery of a portfolio of projects and programmes across engineering and operations, whilst adhering to Technical Delivery processes and procedures and those outlined by the C2M process.
- Lead and manage technical teams across multiple geographies, including suppliers in order to deliver projects to meet agreed timescales, budgetary requirements and quality to specified requirements.
- To work in partnership with the PMO and PPM to align project requirements and deliverables to the overarching annual plan and programme plans.
- Work collaboratively with the Service Management and Quality Assurance team to transition new services effectively.
- To create an environment to build effective working relationships with stakeholders and members of delivery teams to effectively deliver.
- To communicate timely, accurate and appropriate information throughout the delivery lifecycle.
- Provide consultancy services and coordination during the project justification stage, advising on the best configuration and governance of a technical project and feeding into the E&O pipeline management system.
- To work in collaboration with departmental leads to secure resources and manage the forecast of resources for successful delivery of projects.
- Create and maintain MSP based project plans, that include sprint plans, that take account of internal and external dependencies, interlocking plans with third parties where appropriate.
- Contribute to the successful implementation of deployments and releases, identifying dependencies and risks and take mitigating action where appropriate.
- Effectively lead and manage third party suppliers to develop engagement and monitoring models, statement of works and delivery against those statements to quality, time and budget.
- Ensure that third party deliveries are to time, cost and quality and that appropriate mechanisms are in place to identify, address and recover.
- Lead and manage third party suppliers in-line with capacity, contractual and commercial constraints, ensuring maximum value for money and efficiency.
- Ensure that risks and issues are recorded; impacts assessed and identify mitigating actions and timeframes for delivery, to escalate when outside of tolerance to identified person/s.
- Provide formal reporting in line with identified processes and timescales, produce ad hoc reports on request.
- Responsible for managing the allocated programme and project budgets, actuals and providing forecasts on a monthly basis, highlighting early any areas of concern, including but not limited to ensuring delivery against original estimates provided by delivery teams.
- Actively participate in peer reviews and assurance audits, taking remedial actions and sharing good practice where appropriate.
- Seek and Identify opportunities for continuous development and improvement, on a personal level and across the business.
- Support, promote and demonstrate the Plusnet Values.
- Act as a role model within the business, displaying professional behaviours and promoting sound business and commercial ethics.
- Ensure certainty of approach, responsibility and ownership where process is uncertain or scope is not fully defined.
- Deliver any other reasonable requests from the line manager or members of the management team.
To succeed in this role you will need the following skills, experience...
- Managing Successful Programmes, Prince2 Practitioner, Agile PM, 6 Sigma or APMP or equivalent programme and project management qualification.
- Significant Technical Delivery experience across both hardware and software deliveries.
- Experience of working within governance frameworks, regulated industries and quality management controls (i.e. ISO9001).
- Experience of working within a mixed Prince2 & Agile environment.
- Experience of managing project financials and using appropriate financial management systems to control budgets and produce accurate forecasts.
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams across international geographies.
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders.
- Experience of implementing and utilising a project and portfolio management tool.
- Experience in a portfolio management and genuine programme environment.
- Experience of IT and software development projects that lead to significant business change.