Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
This role sits within Plusnet’s Billing Domain and as a Senior QA Test Engineer you are responsible for working in a cross-functional team (testers and developers) that build and test new Billing applications as required and expand and refine the existing Billing applications to the highest possible standard. You will ensure requirements are reviewed; tests are designed, written and executed on time and to budget following the company’s best practices.
You will assure the quality of your team’s output from inception to production.
As a Senior QA Engineer you will...
- Take lead on all testing activities and support of software applications as required by business projects
- Take lead on investigating and resolving critical problems
- Develop high quality testing solutions in multi-tiered architectures
- Produce, execute and report on testing for software solutions
- Lead on sprint planning, including sizing, prioritisation and capacity plans
- Follow and pro-actively inspect Plusnet processes and standards
- Continuously improve quality of your team’s products
- Inspect and review your own work and that of team members in a mentoring role
- Proactively share the things you learn within your team
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in Software Testing
- Apply industry standard best practices to drive continuous improvement
- Be proactive with reporting of any possible issues or delays
- You might be asked to support out of hours rollout and on-call activities
- Ensure existing QA documentation is kept up to date, and to create documentation when new systems, processes and features are introduced
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills and experience…
- Be a technically competent software test engineer
- Experience of Test Driven Development, Waterfall and Agile testing processes
- Proven experience in high-quality testing activities of software solutions
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Linux (You need to be comfortable with Command Line prompts)
- LAMP technology stack
- Inquisitive mind and a desire to prevent defects reaching production
- You should possess excellent communication skills and have confidence to interact with colleagues at all levels and across departments
- ISTQB Certification
- Automated testing experience: regression; website; backend
- Experience in the telecommunications industry
- GIT version control
- Continuous Integration