Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
We’re looking for a Senior Frontend Developer who’s passionate about delivering a great customer experience, and can pass-on their passion and knowledge to others. You’ll be welcomed into an established and thriving team working in the heart of Sheffield City Centre.
The ideal candidate is someone who not only keeps up to date with emerging technology and best practice but also champions this to others and is able to clearly articulate the benefits and the technical know-how required to bring a team on that journey too.
The projects you’ll work on are varied and you’ll have the opportunity to draw on all of your experience; whether it’s designing elegant code, intuitive user interfaces or engineering highly performant and accessible web pages.
We’ll give you autonomy to make decisions about how you approach your work and you’ll have an experienced team of friendly developers to collaborate with. We’re also committed to making time for you to continue to hone your skills, attend industry conferences and share your knowledge with others.
As a Senior Frontend Developer you will...
- Be responsible for building frontend code which is accessible, maintainable and performant
- Champion frontend best practices within the team
- Help refine and enforce our coding standards
- Pass on your knowledge through coaching, mentoring and demonstrations
- Work closely with our design teams during the creative process
- Perform Cross-Browser and Cross-Device testing
- Conduct code reviews of colleagues work to maintain high quality output
- Attend project and team meetings with business stakeholders
- Help with the creation of User Stories in requirements capturing
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills and experience…
- HTML5 + APIs
- Responsive Design
- Photoshop, Adobe XD or Invision
- Git or other version control systems
- Experience with templating languages such as: Handlebars / Twig / Smarty
- Exposure to back-end languages such as: Node / PHP / Java
- User Testing & UX Analysis
- AB & Multivariate Testing
- Google Analytics Integration
- Google Tag Manager use and integration
- Articulate with good communication skills
- Experience using Unix based terminal
- Experience of an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience of JIRA/Confluence