Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
Plusnet have major projects planned over the next 3-5 years that will massively improve how we work and we want you to get involved! Our goal of these projects being to improve the sales experience for new and existing customers increasing market share and customer retention. We work closely with business Product Owners to understand their goals and to help shape solutions. Through regular retrospectives and contributing to the on-going refinement to our squad way of working you will help us to continue to improve as a team and deliver more business value, faster.
As a Senior Developer you will...
- Form a part of a cross-functional team delivering valuable software in short iterations
- Use a variety of agile engineering practices such as TDD, Refactoring, User Stories, Continuous Integration/delivery, Docker containers and Pair-Programming to deliver high quality software at a rapid pace
- Drive and inspect continuous improvement of agile and test driven processes to increase quality of software.
- Coaching junior members of the team in best practice Engineering practices
- Contribute to planning, including sizing, prioritisation and capacity plans
- Investigate and resolve technical problems
- Ensuring all solutions are compliant with telecommunication and finance industry regulations
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills and experience…
- Java and/or PHP
- Version Control Systems
- Object oriented design and development
- Relational database design and development
- Agile development processes
- Mac OSX
- Git or other DVCSs
- iOS / Android