Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
Are you Passionate about Customers & Great with Numbers? As a Senior Customer Insight Analyst at Plusnet, you will be part of a team responsible for analysing customer data. Your insights will make an impact on Business Decisions, making sure that Plusnet delivers the best Service & Products to our Customers.
You will investigate behaviours and demographics, becoming an expert in our Customers. You will be a part of developing market-leading strategies, presenting and engaging with a wide variety of audiences including Senior Leadership.
Your data analysis skills will be put to work building Propensity Models using the internal customer database. This will help to identify the likelihood of customer contact and customer satisfaction to guide our channel and customer management strategy. You will help the business understand how to apply these models.
Understanding the customer journey online and offline are central to the development of process improvements. You will analyse customer journey maps to support delivering a great customer experience. You will work closely with the Transformation, Continuous Improvement, Digital and Operational teams to understand customer demographics and how we can meet their needs.
As Senior Insight Analyst, building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders is essential, along with supporting and coaching other members of the team. You will work on multiple projects simultaneously, coordinating inputs required from across the team.
As a Senior Customer Insight Analyst you will...
- Provide support and recommendations for data-driven decision-making
- Design, develop and implement predictive and descriptive data mining models
- Proactively look for new ways to interpret data and apply new insight techniques
- Support the Segmentation Strategy
- Analyse the results of our marketing activity
- Communicate Insights, championing across the Business
- Identify informative data sources and incorporate these into Insights
- Have a clear understanding of the business question behind Insight requests
- Present findings and conclusions in a clear, concise fashion
In order to apply you must...
…the following skill, experience and outlook…
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and extrapolate trends
- Strong Excel skills (Pivots, Lookups)
- Experience of SQL- appreciation of database design, complex queries and manipulating large datasets
- Data visualisation
- A collaborative attitude and an ability to share expertise with colleagues across the business
- Able to work under pressure and seek priority calls when faced with conflict
- An effective communicator with a strong problem solving capability and "can-do" attitude
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Good Commercial awareness, making relevant recommendations
- Strong impact & influence skills
- Data visualisation
- Experience of R or other statistical tools is desirable
- Relevant experience in Customer Insight or Propensity Modelling
- Graduate in a numerate degree (Mathematics, Statistics, Sciences) is desirable but not essential