Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
This role sits within Plusnet’s Automation and Integration Domain and as a Selenium Automation Engineer you are responsible for working in a small team of selenium specialists who write selenium scripts to automate Plusnet business processes and expand and refine the selenium framework. You will ensure Selenium scripts are reviewed, designed, written and executed to the highest quality.
You will support and facilitate Selenium script creation and modification from inception to production.
As a Selenium Grid Engineer you will...
- Support creating and modifying existing Selenium scripts as required by the business
- Support investigating and resolving large problems on the Selenium platform
- Produce, execute and report on Selenium scripts
- Participate in sprint planning, including sizing, prioritisation and capacity plans
- Follow and pro-actively inspect Plusnet processes and standards
- Continuously improve quality of Selenium scripts
- Proactively share the things you learn within your team
- Apply industry standard best practices to drive continuous improvement
- Be proactive with reporting of any possible issues or delays
- You might be asked to support out of hours rollout and on-call activities
- Ensure existing documentation is kept up to date, and to create documentation when new systems, processes and features are introduced
In order to apply you must...
- Experience of Agile testing processes
- Knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Automated testing experience using Selenium on the front end
- Linux (You need to be comfortable with Command Line prompts)
- LAMP technology stack
- Inquisitive mind and a desire to prevent defects reaching production
- You should possess excellent communication skills and have confidence to interact with colleagues at all levels and across departments.
- Knowledge & experience of Agile software development and testing techniques
- Experience in the telecommunications industry
- GIT version control
- Continuous Integration
- ISTQB Certification