Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
Your work will ensure that we are able to track changes in performance and help to identify areas of opportunity. You will be responsible for delivery of future developments in reporting; providing Plusnet with the single version of the truth for business performance. You will plan, allocate and ensure delivery of work in line with a reporting roadmap that supports business priorities and incorporates developments in source data.
As a Reporting Analytics Manager, building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders is essential, being able to challenge requirements as necessary. While your end stakeholders will work in areas across the entire business; you will be part of a management team where you will work closely with our data strategy manager to ensure that the data required to meet reporting needs is available and liaise with our insight managers to support identifying areas for investigation.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop their career. You will have the opportunity to contribute to shaping plans, launching new Reporting programmes and help manage the team to their full potential.
As a Reporting Analytics Manager you will...
- Build automated KPI fact reporting and the production of ad hoc datasets
- Be responsible for the production of regular summaries; highlighting areas of interest or concern for further investigation by business owners or the insight team
- Develop self-serve reports/ dashboards and designing the governance model to support this
- Continually improving available reporting and information
- Gain a solid understanding of the business to best serve existing business information requirements and pre-empt future needs
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills and experience…
- Broad experience in modern reporting technologies and self service
- Good knowledge of SQL development and the SQL Server BI stack
- Knowledge of SQL Server set up and internals
- Degree or experience in a related field
- Good commercial awareness
- Organisational skills
- Ability to manage a portfolio of projects and delivery commitment