Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
As the Reporting Analytics Manager, you will lead and manage members of the team responsible for providing the business with reporting to track & support the Plusnet strategy. You will manage the end-to-end planning of report production; driving automation opportunities where possible.
Your team will be responsible for:
- Building automated KPI fact reporting and the production of ad hoc datasets
- The production of regular summaries; highlighting areas of interest or concern for further investigation by business owners or the insight team
- Developing self-serve reports/ dashboards and designing the governance model to support this
- The continuous improvement of available reporting and information
- Gaining a solid understanding of the business to best serve existing business information requirements and pre-empt future needs
As a Reporting Analytics Manager you will...
Your work will ensure that we are able to track changes in performance and help to identify areas of opportunity. You will be responsible for delivery of future developments in reporting; providing Plusnet with the single version of the truth for business performance. You will plan, allocate and ensure delivery of work in line with a reporting roadmap that supports business priorities and incorporates developments in source data.
As a Reporting Analytics Manager, building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders is essential, being able to challenge requirements as necessary. While your end stakeholders will work in areas across the entire business; you will be part of a management team where you will work closely with our data strategy manager to ensure that the data required to meet reporting needs is available and liaise with our insight managers to support identifying areas for investigation.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop their career. You will have the opportunity to contribute to shaping plans, launching new Reporting programmes and help manage the team to their full potential.
In order to apply you must...
...have the following skills, experience and outlook...
- Broad experience in modern reporting technologies and self-service
- Good knowledge of SQL development and the SQL Server BI stack
- Any knowledge of SQL Server set up and internals would be beneficial
- Degree or experience in a related field (e.g. Computer Science) or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in open source development environments and a variety of BI tools and solutions
- Ability to manage and influence stakeholders up to Director level
Personal skills that the individual will need
- Strong problem solving capability and “can-do” attitude
- Good Commercial awareness, making relevant recommendations
- Highly numerate, with the ability to translate data into actionable intelligence for the business
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels; within the team, across the business and industry-wide
- Strong organisational skills, able to work under time pressure and make priority calls when faced with conflict
- Ability to manage a portfolio of projects and delivery commitments
- Able to engage in and contribute to discussions with highly technical support and delivery teams
- A collaborative attitude and an ability to share expertise with colleagues across the business
- Ability to inspire and lead a small to medium sized team, setting high standards and helping people to achieve them