Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
As a Report Developer, you will be part of the team responsible for providing the business with reporting to track & support the Plusnet strategy. Your work will ensure that we are able to track changes in performance and help to identify areas of opportunity. Being responsible for the development and maintenance of business reporting; ensuring that the work is delivered from a technical perspective, and assisting in developing the toolset to encompass the needs of the business moving forward. You will utilise information from various data sources to produce management information, work with complex databases to provide recommendations as to the best information, and interpret stakeholder requirements.
As a Report Developer you will...
Be responsible for the development of automated KPI fact reporting and production of ad hoc datasets; identifying and providing commentary to highlight the significance of trends and outliers. As a reporting analyst, you will seek continuous improvement in business information availability, recommending the best information to answer business questions.
You will ensure that work allocated from the regular reporting cycle is delivered from a technical perspective, and assisting in developing the toolset to encompass the needs of the business moving forward. The reporting system comprises of a Microsoft SQL Server reporting and analysis platform with a MySQL based data warehouse, training will be provided.
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who is looking to develop their career. You will have the opportunity to contribute to shaping plans and launching new reporting programmes such as a self service portal.
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills and experience…
- Experience of ANSI SQL and stored procedures
- Experience of data visualisation tools such as Power BI
- Good knowledge of analysis and reporting tools in both in Microsoft SQL Server and Open Source environments
- Experience of Excel
- Degree in an analytical or technical field (or equivalent experience )
- Stakeholder Management – ability to interpret and challenge business requirements
- Self starter
- Strong Team Player
- Good communicator- both written and presenting
- Data manipulation/transformation skills
- Ability to interpret raw data
- Solid analytical skills
- Ability to create and deliver succinct, accurate and meaningful presentations
- Good commercial awareness
- Strong cross-functional thinking, able to grasp business priorities
- Reliable, accurate and results-oriented
- Strong organisational skills, able to work under time pressure to deadlines in a multi project environment
- Creative, responsive and adaptive in a dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload