Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
We are looking for a bright, ambitious (and ideally ISTQB/ISEB qualified) QA Engineer to join the team. Ideally, you will already have experience of software testing, using a range of techniques ideally from an ISP or Telco provider.
You will form part of a self-organizing, cross-functional Scrum team to deliver high quality software at a rapid pace.
We work closely with business Product Owners to understand their goals and to help shape solutions.
Through regular retrospectives and opportunities for professional self development you will help us to continue to improve as a team and deliver more business value, faster.
As a QA Engineer you will...
- Be responsible for testing, validating and verifying that Plusnet platforms are fit for purpose at all times.
- Contribute to the development of unit, acceptance and integration tests for software solutions
- Contribute to planning, including sizing, prioritisation and capacity plans
- Be proactive with reporting of any possible issues or delays
- Follow and pro-actively inspect processes and standards and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Be responsible for reviewing and approving requirements; the creation and execution of test cases; and accurately reporting test status updates
- Inspect and review your own work and that of team members to ensure it meets quality benchmarks.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in Software Testing and apply industry standards and industry best practices.
- Sometimes be asked to support out of hours rollout and on-call activities
- ensure existing QA documentation is kept up to date, and to create documentation when new systems, processes and features are introduced
In order to apply you must...
- Functional Testing
- System/System Integration Testing
- User Acceptance Testing
- Regression Testing
- Linux (You need to be comfortable with Command Line prompts)
- LAMP technology stack
- Website testing
- Backend testing
- Inquisitive mind and a desire to prevent defects reaching production
- should possess excellent communication skills and have confidence to interact with colleagues at all levels and across departments.
- Knowledge & experience of Agile software development
- Experience in the telecommunications industry
- Selenium/Automation testing
- GIT version control
- Continuous Integration