Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
We are a domain within Plusnet Technology’s Engineering department that looks after changes required for workplace and portal. Whether it is about making updates to our fancy website or supporting complex product change back end changes, we do it all. It is a dynamic multi skill team and has a wide range of challenging learning opportunities around all areas.
Our engineers develop skills across a number of technologies as part of a self-organising agile software team which is focussed on delivering rapid business value to our product owners, both within the multi-disciplinary delivery unit as well as collaborating across the wider department with other domain specialist teams. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with key stakeholders across the business such as the Head of Business, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Domain Experts and Customer Operations teams.
As a QA Engineer you will...
- Be responsible for testing, validating and verifying that Plusnet platforms are fit for purpose at all times
- Follow and pro-actively inspect processes and standards and provide recommendations for improvement
- Be responsible for reviewing and approving requirements; the creation and execution of test cases; and accurately reporting test status updates
- Inspect and review your own work and that of team members to ensure it meets quality benchmarks
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in Software Testing and apply industry standards and industry best practices
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills and experience…
- Functional Testing
- System/System Integration Testing
- User Acceptance Testing
- Regression Testing
- Linux (You need to be comfortable with Command Line prompts)
- Windows 7
- LAMP technology stack
- Knowledge & experience of Agile software development
- Website testing
- Backend testing
- The Telecommunications industry
- Selenium / Automation testing
- GIT version control
- Jira / Confluence
- Continuous Integration