Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
We are looking for a highly motivated and tenacious Project Manager with previous experience of delivering projects in the Telecommunications industry.
The Plusnet Programme Management Group (PPMG) is responsible for end to end programme management across the Plusnet project portfolio, providing a consistent approach, improved control and clear accountability for delivery.
The group delivers on behalf of internal Plusnet clients and the Project Manager role is a delivery role for one or more clients, focusing on the delivery of specific projects within the portfolio which could include: implementation of major platforms to support our continued growth, new product development and existing product changes, network upgrades and integration of 3rd party applications.
You must be a real self-starter and able to work in a fast paced and demanding environment.
As a Project Manager you will...
- Support the client in scoping and mobilising projects. Including understanding governance processes and coaching of clients in adherence to them.
- Prepare and regularly maintain project plans based on work packages which are agreed with internal and external suppliers.
- Hold regular calls and meetings to enable Issue resolution, project change control and status monitoring in terms of delivery to agreed timescales and budgets.
- Ensure requisite attendance at meetings and log headline minutes and actions and progress as appropriate.
- Report progress in agreed format and identify and escalate key risks and issues.
- Develop co-operative working relationships across all Plusnet and BT Group functions to maximise programme delivery efficiency through effective use of all available resources.
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills and experience…
- Proficient in project planning, organising, team motivation, and delegation
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Able to integrate information from multiple sources in order to anticipate issues, come up with solutions, and resolve the problems
- Able to influence individuals at all levels in different departments, including senior executives
- High degree of commitment, flexibility, self-motivation, self-confidence, assertiveness, and high tolerance of ambiguity
- Risk management and contingency planning with an in depth knowledge of both contingency planning and mitigation
- Budget control, supplier management and contract management and negotiation
- Able to manage a portfolio of loosely related projects and programmes
- Relevant industry experience within a consumer product environment
- Specific experience of delivering technology and organisational change projects
- Broad knowledge of technology / media / telecoms sector and strong competitor awareness
- Understanding of product development life cycle, product design and implementation
- Knowledge and understanding of process design and implementation
- Change management (organisation and cultural skills)
- Experience of development of processes and roles within associated functional departments