Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
Plusnet’s Programme Management Group is responsible for end to end programme and project management across the Plusnet project portfolio, providing a consistent approach with clear accountability for delivery.
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside the Plusnet Leadership Team and determine priority projects for future years, initiate new projects and work to deliver the best overall solutions for the business. It’s a fast paced and varied role and there will be no such thing as a ‘typical’ day as you maintain and manage roadmaps, delight stakeholders and manage risks and avoid / mitigate them before they surface.
You will not be stove piped to a specific area and will get to understand all areas and projects important to the Plusnet business from new products and propositions to technology, HR and systems deliveries.
You will push for continual development in the way we do things and provide clarity and direction in a very dynamic and fast paced environment whilst operating with the wider framework of a larger corporate group.
As a Programme Manager you will...
- Support programme sponsors and product managers in building business case for projects/programmes and enabling delivery of business benefits
- Agree with individual stakeholders the appropriate prioritisation that optimises both project management and supplier resource
- Scope and mobilise estimating costs, timescales and resource requirements for successful completion of projects
- Track project delivery to time and budget and report back on progress across all levels of Plusnet, managing any risks or issues through to resolution
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills and experience…
- Experience of risk management and contingency planning – in depth knowledge of both contingency planning and mitigation
- Good influencing skills to manage and set expectations to stretching but realistic levels
- Capability to cut through complexity to resolve escalated issues, anticipating problems to avoid issues
- Stakeholder management both verbal and written to Leadership / Director level
- Experience of budget control, benefits management and supplier management with excellent negotiation and contract management skills.
- A proven history of successfully delivering complex projects across a business.
- Relevant industry experience of end to end delivery of complex projects/programmes within a consumer product environment
- Specific experience of delivering product, technology and organisational change projects
- Broad knowledge of technology/ media/ telecoms sector and strong competitor awareness
- Understanding of product development life cycle, product design and implementation
- Prince Practitioner, Membership of APM, IPM