About the job
This is an exciting opportunity to join Plusnet’s Product team as a Product Manager. The Product Team sit within the Commercial, Marketing & Digital department, at the core of the business, and work across all Plusnet’s lines of business, bringing new products to market, improving the customer experience of products in-life and driving out costs.
As a Product Manager, you will be at the heart of our future product portfolio decision making and direction setting, working across functions to develop ideas and concepts into clearly defined deliverables that Plusnet can take to market.
To this end you will benefit from a wide exposure across the business at senior level, with heads of department and the Plusnet Leadership Team.
There will also be the opportunity to manage and develop a team, helping them progress their careers and reach their future aspirations.
As a Product Manager you will...
- Identify opportunities to drive out costs or improve customer experience
- Build and own the roadmaps for future product developments and withdrawals
- Develop and maintain key supplier relationships
- Manage and develop your team to maximise their full potential
- Build cross-business relationships both within Plusnet and wider BT Group
- Understand the ISP industry and technologies
- Be comfortable presenting at director level on your product areas and projects
- Be the subject matter expert in your product area
- Help manage the P&L supporting bi-annual budgeting
- Represent the Voice of the Customer to the wider business
- Defining, documenting and signing off requirements
- Drive team and projects to meet deadlines
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills & experience…
- Previous experience of product or propositional management
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Experienced people manager
- Experience with delivering products from concept to launch
- Confident presentational skills
- Influencing skills
- Clear communicator able to tailor the message based on the audience
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Tenacity to drive resolutions through to deployment
- Stakeholder management, especially suppliers
- Resilience under pressure, making balanced decisions