Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 21 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
Plusnet’s Programme Management Group is responsible for end to end programme and project management across the Plusnet project portfolio, providing a consistent approach, control and clear accountability for delivery. The purpose of the Portfolio Management Office Analyst will be to support the successful delivery of projects undertaken through effective facilitation, tracking and reporting. The duties and responsibilities will cover supporting the team in a variety of portfolio management tasks; assisting with advising teams on the best use of project management disciplines and approaches and acting as the first point of contact for any program management queries.
As a PMO Analyst you will...
- Understand and apply standard project management, delivery methodology and project tracking standards in order to build effective plans and deliver quality solutions
- Act as the source of documentation, guidance and metrics on the practice of project management and execution
- Act as a shared point of contact between internal and external stakeholders
- Keep management updated with an articulate summary of project status
- Compile Programme reports and summary documents for tower leads and leadership
- Ensure up-to-date accuracy of all project plans for the duration of the project
- Assist in the planning and monitoring of project deliverables
- Work alongside the Workstreams to help identify any slippages to the plan and communicate to those affected, facilitating workshops where required
- Facilitate the review of project risks and issues, escalate to programme level where required
- Ensure management of risks, issues and opportunities are closely linked to the achievement of programme objectives and benefit delivery
- Support the PMO Lead, Programme Manager and leadership when required
- Support with meeting arrangements including meeting rooms, attendance, preparation of agenda and content issue
- Governance and management support with document baselining/control and document review process
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills & experience…
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Sharepoint
- Experience in MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word skills
- Keen to learn and having a “can do” attitude
- Good level of commitment, flexibility, self-motivation and self-confidence
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills