Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
We’re looking for PHP Software Engineers on an initial 3 month day rate contract. These roles will involve working around one of our recently integrated systems and also involve supporting a number of new projects that are kicking coming up.
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills and experience…
- Be technically fluent in PHP
- Experience of Test Driven Development and Agile Development processes
- Proven experience in development and implementation of software solutions
- Proven experience in source control systems
- Hands-on experience with automated software and system management tools
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Knowledge of database design and file management techniques
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures
- Experience of Continuous Integration
- Backend testing
- GIT version control
- Jira / Confluence
Day rate to will be confirmed over an initial call.