Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 21 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
We are looking for an experienced Trainer to join our training team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a proactive, enthusiastic and energetic individual to gain valuable experience.
In this role you will play an active and integral part of the training team, working directly with the team as well as key stakeholders within the business. You will be responsible for supervising and training employees across the call centre, ensuring they have knowledge skills and tools to enable them to perform within their roles.
We are looking for an experienced, outgoing, articulate and professional individual to join our fun and fast paced team. We require a dependable and committed candidate who has previous experience of training delivery within a Contact Centre environment.
As a Operational Trainer & Designer you will...
- Welcome new entrants to the business and be a point of contact for them during the induction process
- Train, coach and mentor frontline agents on Plusnet products, issues and initiatives
- Utilise appropriate training aids and technology in delivering state of the art, interactive and engaging courses
- Plan and organise training programmes for a specific geographical area or range of courses
- Be involved in training needs analysis and the identification of external courses for own area within unit as part of wider role or for own specialist training area
- Manage the updating and revision of existing content in response to user/technical feedback (bugs and fixes, copy corrections, subject updates, policy changes etc.) including version control
- Deliver training using various mediums including facilitation and presentation
- Coaching and mentoring trainers
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills and experience…
- Previous experience of training delivery in Sales and Customer Services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required as constructive feedback is a key part of the role when performing assessments
- Ability to confidently deliver training to groups of all sizes as well as on a one-to-one basis
- Coaching and Supervisory Skills
- Ability to coach trainers
- Ability to complete a training needs analysis
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills
- PC skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office
- E-learning Design