Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced and expanding ISP which now operates over two sites in Sheffield and Leeds.
As a Network Delivery Engineer at Plusnet you will design and deploy new technologies and services as well as maintain and improve existing ones in order to ensure the smooth running of for residential and business customers. This can range from internet connectivity through to advanced web hosting solutions, email, DNS, RADIUS and all related services.
As a Network Delivery Engineer you will...
As a Network Delivery Engineer at Plusnet you will typically be involved in:
- The development and design of modular, redundant and scalable platforms for ease of maintenance, ongoing capacity upgrades and the ability to provide new services.
- Administration tasks involving maintaining day to day stability within all platforms, monitoring of services and routers, security monitoring and audits and dealing with several external organisations such as LINX and RIPE.
- Development of in house policies and procedures relating to capacity planning, change control, security and best practice.
Projects that our Network Delivery Engineers have previously been involved with are:
- Corporate office relocations
- Installation of a new data centres and POPs
- Installation of new platforms/services
- Joining Peering Exchanges
- Installing new network equipment
- Upgrades/replacement of network components
In order to apply you must...
- Network Design
- Routing Protocols including
- MPLS VPN
- Data centre deployments
- Network Arcihtectecture
- Load Balancing