Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
We’re looking for a Junior QA engineer who’s passionate about end-results and delivering a great user experience. You’ll be welcomed into an established and thriving team working in the heart of Sheffield City Centre.
The ideal candidate is someone pro-active and self-organising, with knowledge of testing web-based software applications, and who knows their way around both frontend interfaces and APIs. You’ll also be working closely with both developers and project stakeholders, so it’s important that you can communicate clearly both in person and via email.
The projects you’ll work on are varied and you’ll have the opportunity to develop your skills in a range of areas; whether you’re assessing responsive and intuitive user interfaces or checking that backend systems are functioning as they should. We heavily use automation for our testing and will provide training in selenium so you will have the opportunity to learn and use this skill.
As a Junior QA Engineer you will...
- Be responsible for testing, validating and verifying that Plusnet platforms are fit for purpose at all times
- Follow processes and standards used by the team
- Be responsible for the creation and execution of detailed test cases; and accurately reporting test status updates
- Logging and describing defects found during testing
- Inspect and review your own work and that of team members to ensure it meets quality benchmarks
To be able to succeed in this role, you will have the following skills and experience…
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A high aptitude for problem solving
- Inquisitive mind and a desire to prevent defects reaching production
- Ability to learn systems and technologies quickly
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Knowledge of Agile software development
- Jira / Confluence
- Experience with Unix-based Terminal
- Selenium / Automation testing
- GIT version control