Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
Plusnet’s HR team currently supports a busy growing business as we look to continue our expansion. As HR Shared Services Manager you will have direct line management of a team of HR Professionals including ER Specialists and Administrators. You will be accountable for the output of this busy team to meet the requirements of the business. Alongside this you will ensure careful analysis of the risks and assessment of complex cases and senior escalations. The role will encompass the relationship with CWU Trade Union, BT Employee Relations and BT Legal. You will need strong project management skills as you will be accountable for HR related projects including audits and process reviews.
As a HR Manager - Shared Services you will....
- Create and maintain a culture of exceptional service and maximising the HR Shared Service contribution to the business, enabling the HR team and managers to fully support the delivery of the HR strategy
- Have full accountability for shaping and delivering tactical ER strategy, policies and processes
- Have direct line management, coaching and strategic leadership of a team of HR Professionals who make up the HR Shared Services team at Plusnet and ensure that the team are meeting requirements and expectation on all tasks
- Accountability for line manager capability and journey for ER
- Accountable for Employment Tribunal preparation and documentation (and any other similar ER documentation)
- Provide a source of expertise and guidance in regards to all case management matters and directly lead in high level or complex cases, supporting the HRBP and managers where required, identifying and eliminating risk as much as possible
- Create and review company wide policies, processes and contractual correspondence to meet ISO accreditation status and employment legislation whilst ensuring they are professional and easy to read. Working with Legal and BT teams as and when required and ensure employment knowledge is up to date
- Work with Payroll, Finance and HR team to ensure the smooth running of payroll processes
- Be accountable for the CWU Trade Union relationship
In order to apply you must...
- Extensive Employee Relations experience with evidence of high level case management
- Strong employment law knowledge
- Experience of designing and implementing policies & process with a proactive approach to continuous improvement
- Experience of designing and delivering manager
- CIPD qualified