Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
We’re looking for a Frontend Developer who’s passionate about delivering a great customer experience. You’ll be welcomed into an established and thriving team working in the heart of Sheffield City Centre.
The ideal candidate is someone who gets a kick out of complex challenges and keeps up to date with emerging technology and best practice to help stay at the top of their game. The projects you’ll work on are varied and you’ll have the opportunity to draw on all of your experience; whether it’s designing elegant and intuitive user interfaces or engineering highly performant web pages.
We’ll give you autonomy to make decisions about how you approach your work and you’ll have an experienced team of friendly developers to collaborate with and lean on for advice when you need it. We’re also committed to making time for you to continue to hone your skills, attend industry conferences and share your knowledge with others.
As a Frontend Developer you will...
- Be responsible for user experience design and Front-End build
- Contribute towards the creative design process and guiding others on UX best practice
- Conduct Cross-Browser and Usability testing to create accessible and compliant web pages
- Conduct code reviews of colleagues work to maintain high quality output
- Attend project and team meetings with business stakeholders
- Provide mentoring and coaching to junior designers/developers
- Help with the creation of User Stories in requirements capturing
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills and experience…
- HTML and CSS/SASS
- Responsive Design
- Photoshop and/or Fireworks
- Wireframing & Design
- Rapid prototyping
- Git or other version control systems
- User Testing & UX Analysis
- AB & Multivariate Testing
- Google Analytics Integration
- Google Tag Manager use and integration
- Articulate with good communication skills
- Experience with templating languages such as: Handlebars / Twig / Smarty
- Exposure to back-end languages such as: Node / PHP / Java
- Experience using Unix based terminal
- Experience of an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience of JIRA/Confluence