Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
As an environments and release engineer you will be a key member of the Plusnet Continuous Delivery and Release Domain. Your primary responsibility will be to drive improves to, scale, maintain and support our continuous integration and delivery platforms and environments. You will also work with the team to support, improve and automate production releases and our delivery pipeline. The team has an internal continual improvements framework embedded to support delivery and improve practices. The role also requires occasional release deployments out of hours.
As a Environments and Release Engineer you will...
This is an ideal opportunity to gain enterprise experience evolving a CD platform and would suit someone who has CI environments experience looking to drive DevOps best practice and philosophies.
- Support and improve our tools for continuous build, automated testing and release management
- Responsible for software builds and releases
- Works closely with the software automation team to ensure the builds and quality of software released is to the desired standard
- Review and support all software changes released to the live platform
- Ensure all engineering deliverables adhere to the standards set
In order to apply you must...
- Experience building, maintaining and supporting DevOps tools including Nexus, Sonar and Jenkins
- Knowledge of Atlassian Suite, specifically Confluence, Jira and Bitbucket
- Experience working with software that automates software provisioning, configuration management and application deployment (e.g Ansible, Chef, Concourse, Docker, Puppet , YAML)
- An understanding of cloud and on premise infrastructure concepts
- Broad knowledge and understanding of SaaS, Paas, Iaas industry
- Hands on experience with cloud offerings (AWS, GAE, Azure)
- Oracle Certified Associate Java SE Programmer or experience programming with Java
- Red Hat Training certification in Ansible
- Proficient in Bash/shell scripting and experience in working in a Unix architecture