Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
Enterprise architecture is an emerging discipline within Plusnet that is critical to improving the way we manage and leverage critical IT assets, including supporting our business transformation ambitions.
You will have a high degree of business engagement, to define the IT Strategy, IT roadmaps, identify opportunities to increase business value from existing or new IT and then elaborate this within early phases of delivery programmes into a well understood deliverable scope and technical architecture. You will play a key role in understanding and improving the business value from IT, delivery and support models and the key information that is required to support these.
Specifically, you will be expected to:
- Engage with senior business leaders and stakeholders to both gain their trust and understand the strategic direction of Plusnet
- Align strategic goals and objectives with decisions regarding products and services, partners and suppliers, organization structure and key business and IT initiatives.
- Shape the technology underpinning delivery programmes, creating strategic architectures that you will then govern against to ensure Plusnet realises its business, commercial and IT strategic objectives
- Contribute to the creation of the IT Strategy, owned by the Chief Architect, by articulating and translating technology strategies and product roadmaps to drive decisions on technology direction.
- Manage a team of architects aligned to your domain, leading strategic execution of IT roadmaps, driving achievement of IT change-based objectives to realise business value outcomes
This role aligns tactical and strategic technology objectives and outcomes into a holistic roadmap of change within your allocated business domain. This role is also key to driving greater innovation in the way we deliver outstanding customer experience within our markets.
As an Enterprise Architect you will...
- Act as an expert advisor to Chief Architect, CIO and business leadership teams, articulating and translating longer term business direction into technical requirements.
- Develop strong partnerships with business leaders, supporting IT evaluation & selection and the initiation/prioritisation of delivery programmes, specifically including creation of business cases.
- Inputs to and supports the creation/maintenance of IT strategy owned by the Chief Architect, creating specific component strategies and related roadmaps across a 5 year horizon.
- Translates business strategy to IT, producing executive briefing material and contributing to papers describing IT strategy. This will also include cross BT alignment briefings to ensure alignment with group strategy.
- Promote, evangelise and agree the business outcomes of IT strategy across all teams within your allocated business domain and ensure there is consensus and understanding of your strategy and roadmaps.
- Develop and maintain industry leading knowledge on information technology and participate, influence and lead within industry forums on the subject, leveraging this experience within strategy and architecture outcomes.
- Actively engages BT Chief Architects office ensuring high level of strategic alignment, identifying opportunities for Plusnet to re-use capability or take the lead in developing new IT assets for the group
- Conducts business capability, complexity, cost, risk and maturity assessments of as-is architectures providing rationale for owned strategy elements
- Create simple and agile architectures for your domain, driving clear business value aligned to customer journey, commercial and requirements based outcomes
- Ensures architectures are aligned with divisional strategies and programmes, actively engaging with CTIO and BT-Technology peers
- Deliver supporting artefacts (e.g. as-is, to-be and transitionary architectures) elaborating IT Strategy and enabling the strategic execution of IT roadmaps in keeping with Plusnet’s Architecture methodology.
- Lead & manage domain based delivery teams comprising specialist and solution architects, driving strategic delivery of IT roadmaps within own domain
- Evangelise and champion IT strategy across own team, Plusnet and the wider group
- Defines Plusnet standards for enterprise architecture, aligned as far as practical with BT Group standards ensuring consistency and best practice is maintained across Plusnet
- Ensuring that enterprise architecture standards and best practices are maintained within allocated domain and across the organisation.
- Measures and reports on enterprise architecture & strategy conformance.
In order to apply you must...
- A proven track record of Enterprise Architecture working in complex corporate environments
- Understanding complex business challenges & opportunities, and any risks and opportunities within these across information, people, process and technology
- Customer focused: You see things through the eyes of the customer and strive to make improvements based on the customer needs and experience.
- Change Agent - leading and evangelising business outcomes based change
- Knowledge of a broad range of information technology, ideally in a telco environment.
- STEM related University degree or related disciple other rigorous technical discipline OR significant experience of shaping and delivering change using enterprise engineering techniques
- Results oriented, ensuring you always achieve your ambitious goals, outcomes and timelines
- Ability to influence and persuade in a positive way and drive/sell a vision for the future and resolving conflicts.
- Creates a positive, collaborative environment fostering cross team working to solve architectural challenges or strategy creation.
- Proven ability to build, motivate, manage and drive teams creating a great working environment
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to listen and gather information.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences and informing fact-based decisions that are well articulated and clear.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Creative and innovative thinking/solution building