Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
This role sits within Plusnet’s Automation and Integration Domain and as an E2E Test Engineer you are responsible for working in a small team of software testers who perform End-to-End (E2E) testing of software applications as required by the business. You will ensure the requirements are reviewed, tests are designed, written and executed to the highest quality, with a focus on User Experience (UX) and User Interfaces (UI).
You will support and facilitate the E2E testing of software from inception to production.
This is an ideal opportunity for a strong junior tester looking to further progress their career.
As an End to End Test Engineer you will...
- Be responsible for the E2E testing and support of software applications as required by business projects.
- Investigate and resolve problems
- Develop high quality testing solutions in multi-tiered architectures
- Produce, execute and report on E2E tests for software solutions
- Contribute to project and sprint planning, including sizing, prioritisation and capacity plans
- Follow and pro-actively inspect Plusnet processes and standards
- Continuously improve quality of products
- Inspect and review your own work and that of team members
- Proactively share the things you learn within your team
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in Software Testing
- Apply industry standard best practices to drive continuous improvement
- Be responsible for reviewing and approving requirements
- Be proactive with reporting of any possible issues or delays
- You might be asked to support out of hours rollout and on-call activities
- ensure existing QA documentation is kept up to date, and to create documentation when new systems, processes and features are introduced
In order to apply you must...
- Be a technically competent software test engineer
- Experience of Test Driven Development and Agile testing processes
- Proven experience in high quality testing of software solutions
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Functional Testing and E2E Testing
- User Acceptance Testing
- Regression Testing
- User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) Testing
- Linux (You need to be comfortable with Command Line prompts)
- LAMP technology stack
- Website testing
- Backend testing
- Inquisitive mind and a desire to prevent defects reaching production
- You should possess excellent communication skills and have confidence to interact with colleagues at all levels and across departments.
- Knowledge & experience of Agile software development and testing techniques
- Experience in the telecommunications industry
- GIT version control
- Continuous Integration
- ISTQB Certification