Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
As a Domain Lead you are responsible for leading a team who develop software applications as required by business projects. You ensure the team have everything they need to produce requirements, design solutions, write code and test to high quality. You support and facilitate the deployment of software to production, ensuring third line support is provided for all production systems. You are highly tuned to the needs of the team and provide regular coaching, working with stakeholders to remove impediments to enable the team to succeed.
Using your wide experience of software delivery models, you own areas of process and policy and encourage the whole team to contribute to improving standards within the department. You understand the importance of knowledge dissemination within the team and coordinate regular events to ensure expertise is shared.
You are a key stakeholder in customer, team and department strategy and will regularly assist the business in determining current and future priorities and direction.
As a technology enthusiast you keep up to date with the latest developments in the IT industry. You bring your inspirations into the workplace to apply industry best practice and champion innovation within Plusnet.
As a Domain Lead you will...
- Provide leadership to the team.
- Lead design and delivery of all project components.
- Ensure all problems are resolved within SLA.
- Lead and facilitate team planning, sizing, prioritisation and capacity plans.
- Follow and pro-actively inspect processes and standards. You will own some processes and standards and ensure the whole department comply with these.
- Continuously improve quality of products.
- Set the bar for quality within the team.
- Inspect and review the work of the team, ensuring all work meets quality benchmarks.
- Share knowledge through documentation, presentations and coaching. Ensure knowledge held within the team is disseminated to the department.
- Personal development and improvement of skill set.
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments in your field.
- Ensure the teams work complies with legal, regulatory and policy constraints.
- Provide training to the department in fields of expertise.
- Facilitate regular team and individual 1:1 meetings.
- Ensure each member of the team has a set of objectives and a personal development plan.
- Ensure each member of the team is given development opportunities.
- Regularly review and manage performance with appropriate rewards and feedback.
- Provide input into the annual plan.
- Contribute to the recruitment process including leading interviews.
- Manage team holidays and absences and ensure coverage is provided to enable the team to meet its commitments.
Any experience in the following will help...
- Leading teams/Projects
- Software development using PHP/Java
- Experience working as in a QA/testing function
- Agile Methodology