Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
As a Digital Production Tester, you’ll be working on our new content management system, checking pages are bug free and give a great customer experience on computers, mobile and tablets.
We’re in the process of implementing Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) across the Plusnet website. You'll be responsible for ensuring online activities meet business needs, are delivered to the highest quality and work seamlessly across multiple devices and browsers.
Reporting to the Digital Production Lead, you’ll be responsible for testing daily change across the site, working closely with producers, designers, content creators and product owners. You will not only test pages for a variety of Plusnet websites and digital platforms you will also have the opportunity to curate content and publish it through our AEM platform.
This is a new role to Plusnet and you will be expected to help deliver our production testing processes whilst ensuring that any customer experiences are bug free. You will play a key part in defining our ongoing support model & influencing the business to grow and invest in the area.
As a Digital Production Tester you will...
- Build user journeys and configure components in AEM, prioritising, raising and signing off defects with development teams. Utilise tools such as BrowserStack and mobile/tablet devices to ensure that our pages render correctly across our set devices and browsers and meet business UX / design and functional requirements.
- Using tools such as Site Improve, pro-actively identify defects and raise tickets to resolve with developers or production team.
- Ensure pricing accuracy across our digital products.
- Support Projects by managing onsite content deliverables.
- Ensuring common user journeys are problem-free, smooth and clear
- Work closely with producers, copywriters and designers to deliver a variety of content for the website, ensuring it meets style and tone consistent with the Plusnet brand.
- Work closely with stakeholders to deliver on their briefs.
- Help the Digital team in their adoption and use of CMS and scheduling tools.
- Reproducing bugs reported by users and writing up crystal-clear bug reports.
- Manage content and image inventory.
- Documenting approach to testing including creating test scripts and wider process.
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills and experience…
- Experience using content management systems – ideally Adobe Experience Manager.
- Experience writing test scripts/cases.
- A keen eye for detail – someone who often spots bugs, content issues or design problems on websites or apps.
- Experience of testing to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0/2.1).
- Great communication skills, with ability to document details of defect and expected behaviour.
- Experience using tool like Jira to document, raise and manage defects. Able to align to Plusnet's brand, design system, and tone of voice in any material produced.
- Self-organised - ability to manage workload and prioritise tasks based on business need.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing.
- Understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Able to work with stakeholders in Production, UX, Content, Analytics, Marketing and Sales to understand requirements. Previous experience using Adobe Experience Manager.
- Awareness of mobile first design.