Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
Reporting directly to the Head of Information Security and leading a team of cyber security analysts you will be the first line of defence for Plusnet against Cyber attacks, proactively monitoring the estate to prevent, detect and respond to anomalous activity. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining the security of assets across the business. Your stakeholders will be risk owners across all areas of the business, both technical and non-technical, including IT, operations and senior management. The cyber security team is also responsible for protective monitoring, vulnerability management, threat intelligence reporting and incident response.
You will work closely with skilled Cyber Security teams in other Group companies, sharing knowledge and insights to build strong security controls and processes. Alongside your team, specialists in information assurance and governance will ensure that there is a robust security strategy in place, backed up by workable, comprehensive policies and procedures in line with PCI-DSS and ISO27001.
As a Cyber Security Manager you will...
- Lead on the cyber security strategy for the business
- Develop a comprehensive security product portfolio to ensure protection of digital assets and data
- Select, deploy and maintain cyber toolsets and devices
- Define the processes and procedures for investigations and IR
- Select and manage external penetration testing partners
- Coach and mentor a team of analysts
- Assisting development teams with security code reviews on related projects
- Report to the Head of Information Security on progress, challenges and resources required
- Become recognised as an approachable ambassador for security across the business
- Create Management Information detailing the security posture of the estate
- Produce clear written reports detailing security vulnerabilities in terms of risks to the business, to relevant stakeholders.
- Produce recommendations to remediate any vulnerabilities found
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills and experience…
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to influence at all levels.
- Ability to pragmatically deal with high profile events and incidents
- Deep knowledge of cyber threats, attacks and mitigation techniques
- Broad knowledge of security toolsets, including IDS/IPS, SIEM, Vulnerability Assessment Scanner, etc.
- Solid understanding of security vulnerabilities relating to web applications and infrastructure, such as OWASP
- Understanding of PCI-DSS and/or ISO27000 series
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Relevant Information Security qualifications would be an advantage; CISSP, CISA, CISM etc