About the job
We currently have an opportunity for a Customer Marketing Manager to join the Plusnet Marketing team on a fixed term contract for 6 months. This team have the goal of turning our customers into fans and we’re responsible for retention and creating value from the Plusnet customer base. The Customer Marketing Manage is responsible for the existing customer marketing strategy for Plusnet, with the goal to mitigate churn risk, drive down customer losses and increase value through cross sell and up-sell & proactive retention campaigns. This is a broad role covering multiple products including broadband, mobile and BT Sport across both B2C and B2B.
The role has a strong trading focus and works cross-functionally with the commercial, products and digital teams to ensure a strong portfolio of props, products, bundles and customer journeys to deliver against the KPIs. This is a crucial role in Plusnet and there is a great opportunity to have an influence on how we manage the customer base. You will be supported by a team of three marketing professionals and also be responsible for the day-to-day management of our marketing agency, as well as our Outbound service partner, to develop and deliver brilliant below the line campaigns.
As a Customer Marketing Manager (6 Month FTC) you will...
- Develop and implement a marketing and communications strategy to drive volume and business growth through increasing customer life tenure of existing customer base and reducing churn
- Monitor trading performance including updates in trading meetings to key senior stakeholders, implementing interventions to deliver against KPIs
- Develop strategy and plans to maximise cross sell and up sell though & mitigate churn risk through all consumer touch points and communication channels
- Manage detrimental change communications such as price increases and changes in service to the base with minimal impact on churn
- Manage the design, development and implementation of existing customer marketing activity to support the overall marketing strategy, plans and objectives
- Influence the development of products, propositions and customer journeys to enable to management of churn and increase in value
- Be the voice of the customer internally to ensure their needs are addressed in line with all new acquisitions and to drive retention and loyalty, including in-life communications
- Own and analyse customer requirements and act as the customer’s champion in projects generated by the wider business
- Be accountable for driving customer Lifetime value working closely with the Commercial Manager to agree on strategy and plans
- Proactively work with the customer insight team to improve the effectiveness of campaigns through improved targeting with the objective of retaining and increasing revenue from the existing customer base Manage reporting and forecasting around all customer base campaigns
- Produce quarterly contact plans, produce accurate campaign data and analyse, evaluate and report the impact of all activity to understand the impact on base value and churn
- Manage the Outbound service partner to deliver campaigns
- Work with the Digital Marketing to team to deliver an improved existing customer experience online and to identify and take advantage of any new opportunities.
- Engage at a senior level within Plusnet (Leadership Team) and within BT and EE as required
- Be accountable for the management of the entire marketing campaign process from brief writing into post campaign evaluation and performance analysis
- Manage and motivate a team of marketing professionals
- Manage relationships with a vast array of partners and suppliers, both internal and external
- Own major targets (e.g. x-sell and upsell volumes, re-grades, RGU net adds )
- Be accountable for the relevant marketing budget and ownership of related ROMI targets
- Maintain accountability and visibility with the extended leadership team for leading existing customer marketing strategy - regularly presenting business cases, marketing and communication plans, evaluation reports etc.
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills & experience…
- Significant marketing experience in a fast paced environment with broad knowledge of the whole marketing mix
- Highly motivated with professional drive, and examples of passion for technology, brands and customer experience
- Very strong commercial instincts - experience of framing commercial problems and developing optimised solutions. Ability to make difficult commercial trade-offs
- Excellent analytical skills, experience of completing business cases including assessing NPV impacts etc.
- Very strong commercial change delivery/ execution background
- Experience of business planning, creating structured approaches
- The ability to generate new ideas, quantify potential benefits and influence others to deliver
- First rate senior cross functional stakeholder management skills, with the ability to develop and sustain close working relationships cross functionally
- Strong influencing, negotiating and communication skills; the ability to negotiate top level targets
- Channel improvement experience advantageous but not critical
- History of building brands and ability to influence and drive strategic direction
- Relationship management with senior internal and external managers and agencies; experience leading and manging agencies
- Ability to lead a team & previous line management experience essential
- Highly visible and pro-active, takes on challenges
- Retention or loyalty marketing experience highly desirable
- Action orientated and results driven