Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
This is an exciting opportunity play an integral role within the Billing Department, ensuring you consistently increase cash collection rates whilst keeping the customer first in every interaction. You will be responsible for reducing aged debt and increasing failed payment reactivation rates through proactive customer contact and retention.
Reporting into the Collections Team Leader, the role holder will be a strong negotiator with a passion for customer service. You will provide the best possible experience in every customer interaction, adapting your approach to suit customer requirements.
The role holder will be a self-motivated individual who enjoys a fast paced atmosphere, works well as part of a team and demonstrates a natural ability to negotiate and persuade customers.
This is an ideal role for someone with an in interest in Cash Collection and Debt Reduction and/or an experienced Collections advisor who is looking for a fresh challenge.
Please note: The team work on a shift rotation basis Monday to Friday across the hours of 8am – 8pm and Saturdays between 9am and 5.30pm.
As a Collections Advisor you will...
- Make outbound cash collection calls to collect debt owed by customers.
- Answer and manage all inbound collection calls and ensure accurate account information is captured.
- Affect the timely and complete recovery of all monies outstanding across various product sets.
- Negotiate appropriate payment plans to suit customer requirements within authority levels.
- Ensure all collection workflows are completed within department opening hours.
- Put forward suggestions on recovery techniques and share best practice with colleagues.
- Support the team and department in the delivery of team and company objectives.
- Identifying issues and problems affecting customers and raising these to relevant departments within the business via Workplace.
- Ensure best practices are up to date.
- Highlight and introduce improvements to internal processes in the area of Collection Recovery on an ongoing basis.
- Contacting customers via email utilising the Workplace system.
- Be accountable, where possible, by using Workplace and Internal Communications for daily projects.
- Deliver any other reasonable requests from your line manager or senior management team.
- Ensure each process is documented and all documentation is kept up to date.
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills and experience…
- Assertive, confident collection style.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in working towards a target.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Intermediate to Strong Excel Skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Competitive nature.