Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for over 21 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical part in bringing the Plusnet business vision to life, you are the voice of the customer, the people and as such have a significant influence over how change happens to ensure that it lands well within the operation and ultimately for the customer.
This is a fast paced role and you will need to be able to inspire your team to deliver fantastic customer experiences under pressure and through challenging circumstances. There is a high workload associated with this role and you could manage between 6 – 10 Team Leaders with a 1:15 ratio of Advisors to each TL.
You will get lots of opportunities to work across Plusnet in different projects or improvement initiatives and shape how our business works ensuring that the solutions we deliver to our advisors and customers are fit for purpose and in line with our goal to remain number one for customer service.
This is a varied role with a high level of accountability - your opinions will be sought and considered by a very broad range of business areas such as Finance, Marketing, Business Improvement, Legal and Complaints. As a BM at Plusnet you will have specialist knowledge and will be involved heavily in the decision making processes around new initiatives and change.
As a Business Manager you will...
- Lead meetings with the team at an individual and group level
- Attend sessions with broader business areas to review upcoming change and influence how this should land for the customer and your people
- Attend high level decision making meetings and ensure that the impact on the Operation is always considered
- Act as a liaison point for the incident team for issues that may impact on the customer experience
- Spend time with the planning team reviewing future forecast, recruitment plans
- Review performance vs plan
- Lead call calibration sessions
- Attend Employee Engagement sessions
- Review Customer Satisfaction measures
- Liaise with Customer Relations around current themes of dissatisfaction
- Manage Team Leader development/observations
- Attend recruitment sessions
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills & experience…
- Driven for success and able to motivate people to deliver results
- Capability to analyse a broad range of data and develop effective plans from information gathered
- Coaching skills that lead to improved and sustainable performance against core metrics
- A strong communicator who can competently articulate business goals, performance requirements and lead the introduction and implementation of change
- Motivate and energise performance across the teams by consistently recognising and rewarding excellent performance and drive a culture that celebrates success
- Develop strong relationships and work closely with teams across Plusnet to ensure our customer experience is at its' best
- Proactive Employee Engagement management evidenced through strong Engagement results, attendance levels, retention and succession plans in place
- Able to influence stakeholders at all levels
- Project management experience