Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
Plusnet’s Business Change and Readiness team is responsible for the creation and implementation of the business target operating model and for ensuring operational readiness to accept and embed key transformation activity. The Business Change and Readiness Planner will support the Business Change and Readiness function, providing clarity and control across the business in the delivery of key change and transformation programmes ensuring implementation and adoption of change is delivered effectively and efficiently. Your role will directly support the reduction of cost and time to delivery of business change and ensure that transformation is embedded effectively. Your duties and responsibilities will support the business across a variety of readiness tasks to deliver the company’s strategic goals, providing clarity and engagement for business stakeholders and providing governance and control against which to measure business readiness.
As a Business Change and Readiness Planner you will...
- Support the Business Change and Readiness team in the creation, implementation and review of the company target operating model
- Support resource gap-analysis with the operational business in Readiness for change items
- Compilation of functional Business Readiness plans and implementation trackers for key transformation activity
- Documentation of transition/integration plans
- Alignment with programme planning via the Plusnet Project and Programme Management Group
- Tracking and reporting performance against key Readiness and integration milestones for governance and progress monitoring purposes
- Active participant within business Readiness risk forum, ensuring effective definition, documentation, escalation and mitigation of risks pertaining to business readiness for key transformation activity
- Compilation of Business Readiness inputs to Go/No Go governance for key transformation activity
- Alignment of planned Business Readiness activity with functional mid-term planning
- Conduct timely assurance of target operating model plan implementation and Business Readiness
To be able to succeed in this role, you must have the following skills and experience…
- Strong working knowledge of MS Project, Powerpoint, Excel and Visio
- Experience of planning full project life cycle, from concept to market
- Specific experience of business change activity
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Able to prioritise effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; negotiation and empathy
- Able to engage with stakeholders at all levels in different departments
- Forecasting, budget control, commercial awareness and financial acumen
- High degree of commitment, flexibility, motivation, positivity and at ease with ambiguity
- High output and decisive under pressure
- Strong research skills
- Relevant professional experience within a customer-orientated environment
- Business Change management qualification is advantageous but not essential
- Degree qualification is advantageous but not essential.