Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
The Business Analysis team plays a central role in all major projects within Plusnet, covering a diverse portfolio of initiatives such as launching new products and improving our customers online journeys through to enterprise wide transformation of core platforms, all with a shared focus on ensuring we deliver a brilliant customer experience at a great price.
As a Business Analyst you’ll be expected to be a self-starter and required to work on a range of small to large scale projects across the full lifecycle from concept and design to build and delivery. Utilizing your experience and expertise, you’ll take responsibility for understanding the requirements of the Project Sponsor and wider stakeholders using proven elicitation techniques, guiding and challenging where necessary, to reach analysis and insight led decisions. You’ll be expected to produce high quality unambiguous analysis deliverables that can be easily consumed by our in-house and third party technology teams. Using your BA know how, you’ll ensure all requirements have clear traceability from elicitation through to delivery and are effectively prioritized meaning new business capabilities are delivered in order of their business value.
As a Business Analyst you will...
- Facilitate interviews and workshops with the Product Owner and stakeholders to elicit functional and non-functional requirements, effectively managing conflicting asks from different areas of the business
- Use customer insight data (including but not limited to Rant & Rave) to guide stakeholders and influence decisions to drive great customer experience journeys
- Ensure clear traceability of all requirements from elicitation through to delivery
- Produce high quality analysis deliverables including producing epics and user stories (functional & non-functional) capturing precise and accurate acceptance criteria to be consumed by developers, testers & other delivery teams
- Identify opportunities for process improvements
- Refine requirements to eliminate ambiguity, conflict & duplication.
- Ensure requirements are prioritized (e.g. using methods such as MoSCoW) in line with Plusnet standards.
- Effectively manage business stakeholder expectations throughout the project lifecycle
- Production of use case diagrams & descriptions where beneficial
- Provide quality assurance on analysis deliverables through peer review
- Manage cross-team consensus and acceptance of requirements, ensuring “meaningful” sign-offs
- Work with Design/ Architecture teams on design options and potential system & process solutions, ensuring that all requirements have been met and any risks identified
- Use a broad range of industry-wide modelling techniques.
- Be the key interface that communicates project and business requirements to delivery units to build, test and deliver the end solution
- Review and approve test cases produced by the QA team
- Oversee performance testing of the end product to ensure that specified requirements have been achieved
- Analyse and map “as is” and “to be” business processes to BPMN v2.0 or equivalent BT group wide standards
- Be accountable for defining the Customer Experience Metrics for measurement post launch and drive subsequent improvement plans if required
In order to apply you must...
…have the following skills, experience and outlook…
- Strong analytical skills – able to absorb large amounts of detail whilst not losing sight of the big picture
- Can understand a business problem, define a process and validate potential benefits
- Experience in managing conflicting ideas and demands to provide clarity
- Experience in working in hybrid Agile/ Waterfall environments to produce detailed and unambiguous requirement artefacts such as BRD’s, Epics and User Stories
- Understanding of end to end project and software development lifecycles along with their associated processes
- Have prior experience of producing use case diagrams & descriptions
- Strong facilitator of elicitation and process workshops
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, communicating and influencing effectively at all levels of the business up to Direct/ C Level leaders
- Prepared to take a “hands on” approach and work closely with users to understand their issues and requirements
- Experience in working with on and offshore software engineering & test teams
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particular Visio with experience of BPMN v2.0 standards
- Able to work with little supervision and pick up new or unfamiliar concepts quickly
- Good customer experience and commercial awareness
- Able to work independently or as part of a wider Business Analysis team on projects
- Knowledge of Atlassian Suite tools, specifically Confluence and Jira
- Experience of working closely with third party vendors
- Any experience of Robotic Desktop or Process Automation tools