Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
We are looking for a bright, ambitious (and ideally ISTQB/ISEB qualified) QA Automation Engineer to join the team. Ideally, you will already have experience of automated software testing, using a range of techniques ideally from an ISP or Telco provider.
As a Automation Selenium Engineer you will...
- Be responsible for testing, validating and verifying that Plusnet platforms are fit for purpose at all times.
- Follow and pro-actively inspect processes and standards and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Be responsible for reviewing and approving requirements; the creation and execution of automated test cases; and accurately reporting test status updates
- Inspect and review your own work and that of team members to ensure it meets quality benchmarks.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in Software Testing and apply industry standards and industry best practices.
In order to apply you must...
- Selenium/Automation testing
- Functional Testing
- System/System Integration Testing
- User Acceptance Testing
- Regression Testing
- Linux/Mac (You need to be comfortable with Command Line prompts)
- Windows 7/10
- LAMP technology stack
- Knowledge & experience of Agile software development
- Website testing
- Backend testing
- Experience in the telecommunications industry
- GIT version control
- Continuous Integration