Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
As a Systems Analyst you will be a key member of the domain responsible for continuous delivery, test automation, integration, and release. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that technology requirements and architectural artefacts are translated into a detailed design that can be implemented by a delivery squads within the domain. The Systems Analyst is tasked with ensuring that the delivery squads back log is sufficiently elaborated to allow the squads to move between sprints as efficiently as possible.
As a Systems Analyst you will...
- Work with Business Analyst to clarify functional and non-functional requirements
- Work closely with Solution Architects to clarify architectural and design requirements
- Ensure technical delivery risks are addressed as early as possible within delivery schedules, through technical spikes and proof of technologies
- Work closely with technical team lead / scrum master to ensure that domain backlog is refined and ready to be included in sprints
- Work closely with service management to ensures effective preparation for operational readiness
- May represent the assigned domain at design governance meetings
- Identify opportunities to address waste including addressing technical debt, inefficient development processes and opportunities for automation.
- Refine requirements and solution architecture to eliminate ambiguity, conflict & duplication
- Produce design models including domain models, deployment diagrams, activity diagrams where beneficial using UML standards
- Provide quality assurance on detailed design deliverables through peer review
- Be an active participant in appropriate Community of Practice
- Review and input to test cases produced by the squads
- Ensure we always produce the minimal expected documentation and never documents for documentations sake
- Reviews the testing of non-functional requirements to ensure that specified requirements have been achieved
- Takes a lead on technical estimation when requested by Domain Manager
In order to apply you must...
- Experience as a Systems Analyst, Business Analyst, Test Analyst or Software Developer
- Experience working within a DevOps environment with exposure to Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- An appreciation of programming concepts including object oriented programming, TDD/BDD, CMS, virtualization, containerization, APIs, ReST and Continuous Delivery
- In depth knowledge of Atlassian Suite tools (Confluence, Jira and Bitbucket) or similar toolset
- Knowledge of agile modelling techniques
- An understanding of cloud and on premise infrastructure concepts
- Holds a technical degree
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
- ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing or worked as a Test Engineer
- Certified Scrum Master or worked as a Scrum Master
- ITIL Foundation Qualified or experience working within the ITIL framework
- Experience of working with CI/CD lifecycle tools such as – SonarQube, Jenkins, Nexus, GitLab
- Experience programming with Python or Ruby