Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
Plusnet have a long relationship with BT Global Services working with them to deliver their BT One Enterprise connect and BT Enterprise broadband products. The Global Services Domain Team is responsible for developing and expanding the customer facing website and back end systems while maintaining live code to ensure we keep on top of the key problem areas in the business. We’re proud to be a team with an external customer-facing role in Engineering and we value how we work closely with our end customer to deliver the best possible product. This is a great opportunity to work on a range of software areas from front-end web design to back end big data processing through the entire software delivery lifecycle.
Our engineers develop skills across a number of technologies as part of a self-organising agile software team, which is focussed on delivering rapid business value to our product owners, both within the multi-disciplinary delivery unit as well as collaborating across the wider department with other domain specialist teams. This is a unique opportunity for a quality assurance engineer who is passionate about software quality helping to set the direction for how we continuously integrate, deploy, verify and improve the software quality of a range of products.
As a QA Engineer you will...
- Contribute to planning, including sizing, prioritisation and capacity plans
- Follow and pro-actively inspect processes and standards and provide recommendations for improvement
- Continuously improve quality of products
- Inspect and review your own work and that of team members to ensure it meets quality benchmarks
- Share knowledge through documentation and presentations
- Keep up-to-date with latest developments in the field
- Ensure all work complies with legal, regulatory and policy constraints
- Be proactive with reporting of any possible issues or delays
- Conduct comprehensive and accurate testing of all projects, problems and other development deliverables
- Continually maintain, improve and manage problem resolution and Quality Assurance processes
- Maintain and improve Quality Assurance documentation
- Participate and facilitate User Acceptance Testing when required
- Be asked to support out of hours rollout activities when needed
In order to apply you must have the following skills, experience and outlook...
- Real passion for breaking web applications, software and services
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Previous experience with crafting and developing automated tests for web applications and services
- User Acceptance and System Integration testing experience
- Awareness of the Linux, Apache, MySQL & PHP (LAMP) development stack
- Awareness of JAVA and JBoss technologies
- Comfortable in version control systems such as Git
- ISTQB/ISEB certified.
- Proven experience of building and driving Continuous Integration and Delivery Tools
- Proven experience of Test Driven Development and Agile Development processes
- Proven experience with unit, integration, and functional testing