Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
The Marketing Planning Manager will be responsible for the overall management of the Marketing budget, working alongside each of the Marketing team managers and budget owners to deliver volume & CPA/CPR targets. The role holder will work alongside the Marketing managers, Commercial and Finance teams to o-ordinate Plusnet’s overall trading. The role will continually review individual channel performance to ensure that budget is allocated efficiently.
As a Marketing Planning Manager you will...
- Manage the budget & reforecasting process working alongside the Marketing managers, Commercial & Finance to ensure alignment on volumes & marketing spend
- Lead on planning, coordination & delivery of Marketing budget across all Marketing teams to align with broader Marketing strategy & business objectives
- Challenge channel owners to adopt a constant test and learn optimisation approach across all media channels to support and drive campaign / communications plans against business objectives, delivering to response / awareness rates within budget and then to monitor performance of products or campaigns against plan to hit CPA targets
- Drive Plusnet’s net adds growth strategy by working alongside Marketing Managers & the Propositions team to deliver best in class marketing campaigns and competitive promotional offers across Residential Consumer & Business
- Work with the sales channel managers to ensure we have the right mix of offers, with view to driving volume and reducing overall promotional offer investment to drive revenue & margin
- Support the Propositions team on strategy & GTM plans for new plans/propositions – including media investment, internal comms & training for channel launch
- Work alongside the Commercial Planning Manager to manage the quarterly planning process for the Marketing teams, aligning volume, commercial and operational aspects of trading plan for each quarter
- Facilitate management of trade-offs between business areas, supporting the business to come to effective solutions
In order to apply you must have the following skills, experience and outlook...
- Very strong commercial instincts - experience of framing commercial problems and developing optimised solutions. Ability to make difficult commercial trade-offs
- Excellent analytical skills, experience of completing business cases including assessing NPV impacts
- Highly visible and pro-active, takes on challenges
- The ability to generate new ideas, quantify potential benefits and influence others to deliver is key
- Action orientated and results driven
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Marketing or Finance experience in a fast paced environment with broad knowledge of the whole marketing mix is desirable
- Experience of business planning, creating structured approaches
- Highly motivated with professional drive, and examples of passion for technology, brands and customer experience
- First rate senior cross functional stakeholder management skills, with the ability to develop and sustain close working relationships cross functionally.
- An eagerness to learn and to participate in a broad spectrum of activities.