Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
Your work will ensure that we are able to track changes in performance and help to identify areas of opportunity. The project work the MI team undertakes ranges from single data sources with simple outputs to cross-functional, multi-discipline work affecting multiple departments across the business. We are investing in our data processing and visualisation capabilities and you will be at the forefront of showcasing this to the rest of the business.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop their career. You will have the opportunity to contribute to shaping plans, launching new MI programmes and help coach other team members to their full potential.
As a Management Information Lead/Senior you will...
- The design, development and maintenance of Management Information data processing and reporting
- Ensuring that the work is delivered from a technical perspective, and assisting in developing the toolset to meet the needs of the business moving forward
- Contributing to decisions about the technology we use to process business information
- Supporting and coaching other members of the team
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously, coordinating inputs required from across the team
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders
The reporting system principally comprises a MySQL/Linux based Data Store with a Microsoft SQL Server reporting and analysis platform and Tableau data visualisation. Training will be provided.
In order to apply you must...
- Experience of ANSI SQL and stored procedures
- Experience of relational database design, particularly in the processing of large data sets
- Familiarity of ETL processes, multi-dimensional modelling and data warehouse design
- Degree in related field (e.g. Computer Science) is preferred but considerable weight will be given to experience and prior accomplishments
- Gains a clear understanding of the business question behind data and reporting requests
- Good Commercial awareness, making relevant recommendations
- Solid analytical skills
- Can identify informative data sources and incorporate these into business reporting
- Data manipulation and visualisation skills
- Proactively looks for new ways to process and store data
- An effective communicator with a strong problem solving capability and “can-do” attitude
- Able to present in a clear, concise fashion
- Strong organisational skills, able to work under time pressure and seek priority calls when faced with conflict
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Reliable, well-organised, accurate, results-oriented
- A collaborative attitude and an ability to share expertise with colleagues across the business
- Ability to coach and aid the development of other team members
- Experienced in complex data processing with a knowledge of software development practices
- Experience with Unix scripting and open source Business Intelligence tools desired