Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
The Internal Communications Business Partner on behalf of the Human Resources Director will develop and lead on the Communications Strategy for Plusnet and support the wider HR team in the delivery of an optimised employee engagement plan. The role is primarily responsible for the design and delivery of all communications across the business, ensuring it is integrated and aligned to business strategy and supports business performance.
This is a fantastic opportunity offering real autonomy and the opportunity to shape and deliver the future internal comms strategy at a rapidly expanding and award winning internet service provider in the UK.
We are proud winners of Best Flexible Benefits Plan at the 2017 Employee Benefits Awards. So, whether it’s “buy now pay later” schemes on a range of items like Tech or holidays or taking advantage of discounts on things like city centre parking, Mobile SIM deals or cinema tickets; you can pick and choose the benefits that matter to you!
Of course, we have the basics covered with attractive bonus potential, share options, pension and perks like free broadband, TV and phone packages and we encourage all “Plusnetters” to give back to the local community through volunteering on a number of our community schemes.
As a Internal Communications Business Partner you will...
- Become a recognised leader and champion of all internal comms, coaching a team to build a centre of excellence
- Develop a comms strategy that supports business objectives and engagement goals
- Create and own an underpinning quarterly and annual plan
- Lead execution of the comms plan, deploying innovative ways to cut through multiple audiences, tailoring messages to celebrate individuality
- Cultivate key relationships with senior managers, scope, influence, define, customise and implement internal communications to support delivery of business performance and launches
- Work collaboratively with PR, marketing, advertising and BT Group to co-ordinate campaigns providing consistency of approach and messaging
- Work with business leaders to develop a deep understanding of their audiences and the people impact of communications
- Forward thinking, keeping up to date and ahead of the curve on new technology and initiatives to engage our people
- Measure the business impact of communications and drives continuous improvement
In order to apply you must...
…have the following skills experience and outlook…
- Proven experience in developing and leading a communications strategy in a multi-site and multi product offering organisation with a diverse employee base
- Previous experience in quarterly and annual planning
- Able to customise a communications plan to deliver optimal employee engagement and business performance
- Experience of working collaboratively across a range of departments
- Excellent relationship management skills with senior level stakeholders
- Experience of leading a high performing team