Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
The finance function within Plusnet plays a pivotal role in not only forecasting and reporting the financial performance of the company but also in driving through cost transformation and margin management initiatives.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in stepping into a career in finance. You will gain valuable experience of working in an accounts department and will be exposed to the fundamental aspects of accountancy including monthly management accounts and budgeting.
As a Finance Analyst you will...
- Be accountable for specific month-end analysis and ensure any risks and opportunities are highlighted to ensure a 'no surprises' culture is maintained
- Assist other team members to ensure timely delivery of numbers to include but not limited to staff costs and administrative expenses, particularly at month end
- Act as a support function to the finance managers within the Plusnet finance team particularly regarding accounting systems, journal processing and reconciliations.
- Help with bi-annual forecasting
- Report monthly on expenses spend across the business
- Collect and process monthly timesheet and report on capitalised time
- Constantly look for and implement improvements in current processes
In order to apply you must have the following skills, experience and outlook...
- A proactive approach to your work and the ability to work proactively to tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and achieve deadlines/targets set
- Be a team player, you will be working closely with a wide range of teams across the organisation
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining very high levels of accuracy
- Adaptability – you will need to pick up new concepts quickly and learn in an ever changing complex environment
- IT – Good knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Some accountancy experience