Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
This is an exciting opportunity to join the world of Credit & Debt Management at Plusnet. You will play an integral role within the Billing Department, ensuring the collection of overdue money through regular contact and developed relationships with customers. You will liaise with our 3rd Party Debt Collection Panel, monitor accounts for reactivation in line with credit agreements and investigate opportunities to reduce our overall debt position.
This role is ideal for anyone that has an existing understanding or interest in debt management & credit control, and is now looking for a fresh challenge within Plusnet.
As a Credit & Debt Administrator (Fixed Term) you will...
- Make outbound collection calls to collect debt owed by customers
- Negotiate mutually agreeable payment plans
- Ensure customers are aware of the consequences of non-payment and the next steps
- Demonstrate awareness of churn risk and make proactive steps to retain customers
- Manage the payments of agreed payment plans and contact non-paying customers
- Agree and sign off payment plans, contacting customers where necessary
- Take ownership of the Fraud Management process
In order to apply you must have the following skills, experience and outlook...
- An understanding of the credit and debt management process
- Strong negotiating skills
- Experience of working towards agreed targets
- Basic excel skills
- A self-motivated team player who can work under pressure.
- Excellent customer communication skills via phone, email and letter
- Ability to manage time constraints and peak workflows and to take ownership of key activities