Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
An exciting opportunity has come up to join the commercial and propositions team as a Commercial Retentions Analyst.
So if you’re the sort of person who would relish the chance to work in the cut and thrust of commercial; where the analysis you undertake every single day informs how we compete in the dynamic broadband, mobile and TV market then this could just be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
We’re looking for someone who has strong analytical skills and a real passion for making a difference to Plusnet’s bottom line. Someone who puts the customer first to support the delivery of all of our commercial objectives (volumes; revenue; margin etc.
This role is an ideal opportunity to broaden and build on your experience.
Here’s some more detail on the role…
You’ll be working within the Commercial and Propositions team, responsible for the analysis which defines the retention propositions and offers we sell to meet Plusnet’s commercial objectives.
You’ll be responsible for carrying out modelling and analysis on the Plusnet customer base to help optimise return on investment on our marketing activity, propositions and special offers. Based on your analysis you’ll make recommendations to key stakeholders across the business, as well as support on key commercial projects which positively impacts Plusnet’s commercial performance.
This role would suit anyone who is currently looking to begin a career in commercial and wants to be part of a fast moving and competitive commercial environment, where every decision counts. Working within a great team – where everyone’s ideas count – you’ll have the opportunity to influence and directly contribute to Plusnet’s continued success.
Key areas of focus in the role:
- Provide analytical support to the Senior Propositions Manager, making recommendations based on your analysis
- Take ownership of the inbound retention offers; creating, developing and managing the propositions to drive volume at the right commercial spend
- Provide competitor expertise in the broadband/mobile/TV market as well as creating compelling retention offers to compete against specific competitor threats
- A key stakeholder in building and nourishing the relationship between Commercial and the inbound retentions team
- Accountable for completing the Commercial KPIs which feed into the senior weekly trading meetings.
- Business casing where appropriate and making recommendations on special offers for existing customers, considering commercial and financial impacts.
In order to apply you must...
…the following skills, experience and outlook…
- Keen to learn with a proactive approach and passion to make a difference
- Excellent analytical skills and highly numerate, expert user of MS excel
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Team player but ability to work independently too
- Able to write and deliver clear presentations & recommendations
- Experience of proposition/pricing development in telecoms or financial services industry and advantage
- Experience of completing business cases including assessing margin, payback and NPV