Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical part in bringing the Plusnet business vision to life, you are the voice of the customer, the people and as such have a significant influence over how change happens to ensure that it lands well within the operation and ultimately for the customer.
This is a fast paced role and you will need to be able to inspire your team to deliver fantastic customer experiences under pressure and through challenging circumstances. There is a high workload associated with this role and you could manage between 6 – 10 TLs with a 1:15 ratio of Advisors to each TL.
You will get lots of opportunity to work across Plusnet in different projects or improvement initiatives and shape how our business works ensuring that the solutions we deliver to our advisors and customers are fit for purpose and in line with our goal to remain number one for customer service.
This is a great opportunity to:
-Deliver best in class customer service in a large scale operation where our people are the top of our agenda.
-Optimise Customer Experience through multiskilling and department blending to meet the ever changing demands of the customer.
-Influence project teams to land their initiatives with the people and customer in mind.
-Grow your skill set beyond that of a typical Call Centre Manager; working with the Senior Leadership Team and broader business areas to help shape the business as it grows its position in the market place
This is a varied role with a high level of accountability - your opinions will be sought and considered by a very broad range of business areas such as Finance, Marketing, Business Improvement, Legal and Complaints. As a BM at Plusnet you will have specialist knowledge and will be involved heavily in the decision making processes around new initiatives and change.
As a Business Manager (Leeds) you will...
- Run meetings with the team at an individual and group level
- Attend sessions with broader business areas to review upcoming change and influence how this should land for the customer and your people
- Attend high level decision making meetings and ensure that the impact on the Operation is always considered.
- Act as a liaison point for the incident team for issues that may impact on the customer experience
- Spend time with the planning team reviewing future forecast, recruitment plans.
- Review performance vs plan.
- Call calibration sessions
- Attend Employee Engagement sessions
- Review Customer Satisfaction measures
- Liaise with Customer Relations around current themes of dissatisfaction.
- Manage Team Leader development/observations.
- Attend recruitment sessions.
In order to apply you must have the following skills, experience and outlook...
- Driven for success and motivates people to deliver results that balance commercial requirements with customer needs, and long term sustainability.
- Capability to analyse a broad range of data and develop effective plans from the information gathered
- Coaching skills that lead to improved and sustainable performance against core metrics.
- A strong communicator who can competently articulate business goals, performance requirements and lead the introduction and implementation of change
- Lead by continually coaching and motivating the team in order to develop their skills and customer knowledge
- Drive the team to deliver exceptional service to customers via a blend of channels
- Drive a culture of ownership, ensuring the team are empowered and have the required skills to deliver a first time and single point resolution wherever possible
- Motivate and energise performance across the teams by consistently recognising and rewarding excellent performance and drive a culture that celebrates success
- Monitor and support the teams adherence to regulatory requirements
- Challenge convention to ensure that plusnet provide an exceptional service to our customers
- Develop strong relationships and work closely with teams across plusnet to ensure our customer experience is at its' best
- Rigorously prioritises people and resources on the things that deliver profit or improve customer experience
- Growth of talent within the business, through recognition of potential and implementation of Personal Development Plans
- An effective planner, capable of adapting in contingency situations and has systems in place to monitor and follow up on commitments
- Gives prompt and constructive feedback and coaching performance, incorporating both "what" and "how"
- Ensures successes are reviewed so good practise is repeated
- Sets clear expectations of what needs to be delivered to benefit our people and customers
- Works towards goals, even under adverse circumstances – demonstrates resilience
- Proactive Employee Engagement management evidenced through strong Engagement results, attendance levels, retention and succession plans in place
- Able to influence all stakeholders, regardless of level
- A role model for business behaviour and conduct
- Experience of working within a regulated environment
- Experience of working within a blended and multi skilled environment
- Worked within organisations who are renowned for the exceptional customer experience
- Stakeholder management – senior level and broader business areas
- Project management experience