Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of “Plusnetter” perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!
About the job
In this role, you will typically focus on running the daily bill runs and payment processing cycles. Always ensuring accurate invoicing, payments and timely completion of all processes. This role will require you to undertake daily operational tasks including verification, performance monitoring, exception handling, account level investigations, fixes and KPI completion. You will also take responsibility to raise problems when finding live issues relating to the above processes at process or account level including impact assessment.
This will involve reporting, consolidation, and low level analysis of information, take ownership of billing and payment related problems acting as 1st line support for new problems, quantifying and prioritising the problems as required. You will play an integral part with our compliance partners to ensure we are compliant with all the relevant General Conditions.
As a Billing Operations Analyst you will...
- Perform all daily billing and payment related processes in the rating and billing manager.
- Ensure daily bill runs are completed within SLA.
- Manage all events Rating and Re-rating within SLA.
- Ensure all event rating is completed in a timely manner on a daily basis.
- Complete daily bill run reconciliations including events processing.
- Ensure all payments are generated and requested.
- Validate and approve all Payment requests.
- Manage all submissions and Payments.
- Monitor system performance for all billing and payment related processes.
- Transmit and reconciliations of all bill media to 3rd party processing.
In order to apply you must have the following skills, experience and outlook...
- Fast decision making skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and work under pressure to meet these targets.
- Comfortable in an environment with changing priorities, and competing demands for time.
- Commitment and drive to self manage tasks and workload and take ownership of key activities.
- Be able to think outside the box and use initiative
- Business focused and driven for results
- Highly motivated with ability to drive results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and process awareness.
- Excellent knowledge of Customer Management systems
- Have an understanding of billing, event usage and payment processing.
- Ability to identify new patterns of fraudulent behaviour
- High level knowledge of Excel and should be competent with using pivot tables, data sorts, subtotals, lookups and formulas.
- High level of ability to manage large data volumes and maintain billing and payment output data files.
- In depth knowledge of the account sign up process.
- Excellent understanding of call traffic.